Ca WC Ins claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigordo

WC carrier frm 4/2005 Diagnosed Injury fractured shoulder w/torn ratator cuff. Treatment P therapy when their treating dr suggested surg carrier appt another doc. With the New doc treatment w P therapy. Both PT seen stated surg needed before future Therapy would benefit. Then the doc started no more therapy don't return. Then he started cortizone injections 4x in 7mo. Very strong pain medications. Still can't lift or use r arm lots of pain. Im Rt handed. Getting appts is impossible either the Enoloyer cant get my position covered or doc on vac. Lastly Stated file closed. Called Carrier with pain and problem, two days later served with P&S, told employer about these problem all during this time. Latest Problem Carpal Tunnel same arm and pain, very, very bad. Can not use 3 fingers and hand is cold or hot all the time. Arm feels hot. Unable to work it is so bad. Reported to employer and went to new 2006 WC carrier. Different from last years. That doc said rotator cuff repair needed now full tear. Also carpal tunnel surg needed. And wants MRI of neck. Poss nerve problem. Waiting for authorizations. Ins said employer told them they knew nothing about injuries. Now waiting for investigation, The WC insurance carrier stated the answers were vaugely answered. They did admit to previous shoulder fracture...??
That was 4/2005. The Comp carrier stated the employer will be investigated for non-compliance issues. However, my claim is on hold. They are continuing to review need for MRIs their doctor requested. They have also requested copies all medical since fall and original injury. Something about the other carrier should pay a portion of this? Will this WC carrier handle all this. I got a second doc opinion, he states rotator cuff now full tear, nerve damage, carpal tunnel w/pain syndrome. Should I file for SDI, or will they get this worked out in a short time.

Your situation sounds a lot like mine. I have been fighting wc since July of 03.
On my second attorney. Definately need an attorney to fight for your rights and all that you have coming to you as benefits, ttd, etc.

I had a torn labrum in one shoulder, so that surgery was a slap lesion repair with a clavicle decompression. Took a good year to get better. It was stated that this is the worst kind of surgery to have! The other shoulder hurt and burned like the other one, but there were no tears and I just had the clavicle decompression done on it.

I would contact the Social Security and start the proceedings to getting ssd. There is a long waiting period, as I am still waiting for my appearance before the ALJ.

If you are in need of money right away, you may be eligable for the ssi, they will ask you when you call.

The employer and the IC are messing with you. Get an attorney, one that specializes in Work Comp only, ASAP

annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back