C2 application to adjourn a final hearing - can I object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Field

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi, I was due to go to family court (UK) next week for a final hearing with my ex partner, as they are asking for a change to an existing court order, as our 2 x children currently live with me full time as per an exisitng court order.

I have just received a C2 application from my ex's solicitor, asking that the court adjourn the hearing as they are suggesting that a final order cannot be made at this stage. They believe that the court do not have all the evidence which it will need to make a decision (based on my ex's health grounds - recent ADHD diagnosis).

I am unsure whether I need to respond to this, or whether I can object to this request / C2 application? I had also submitted an urgent C2 application last week as further info has come to light. My application was to request that the court give permission to CAFCASS to re-open their case (closed following CAFCASS submitting their report to the court back in July, ahead of the upcoming hearing next week) and update their report given further evidence of alcohol misuse and recent police involvement, which are some of the key reasons why I have custody and that my ex requires supervised access for visits with our children.

Personally I feel the court have all the info they need to make a suitable & informed decision at the final hearing next week, so would prefer the hearing to go ahead as scheduled.

Thanks

Sorry, this forum (despite the option to choose alternate jurisdictions) is designed to assist with US law matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back