C Visa C1 VISA with annotation and not all cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLAUDIARIO

My husband and I are Brazilians and we are going to spend our vacation in west coast of Canada next July. We bought tickets with US Airways with connections in Charlotte/ Phoenix and Las Vegas. We asked for a VISA in Rio Consulate and we were informed that we would have the VISA C1 (Transit) . It would be OK for my trip since all I have are connections in USA, but our VISA came with the following info in the Annotation field : IN TRANSIT TO VANCOUVER THROUGH CHARLOTTE

Our ticket plane is as follows:
Rio -> Charlotte -> Phoenix -> Vancouver
Calgary -> Las Vegas -> Charlotte -> Rio

Can I travel through Phoenix and Las Vegas with this VISA ? Am I going to have problems in Phoenix/Las Vegas airport since those cities were not mentioned in the Annotation field and I have connections there ?

My husband and I are Brazilians and we are going to spend our vacation in west coast of Canada next July. We bought tickets with US Airways with connections in Charlotte/ Phoenix and Las Vegas. We asked for a VISA in Rio Consulate and we were informed that we would have the VISA C1 (Transit) . It would be OK for my trip since all I have are connections in USA, but our VISA came with the following info in the Annotation field : IN TRANSIT TO VANCOUVER THROUGH CHARLOTTE

Our ticket plane is as follows:
Rio -> Charlotte -> Phoenix -> Vancouver
Calgary -> Las Vegas -> Charlotte -> Rio

Can I travel through Phoenix and Las Vegas with this VISA ? Am I going to have problems in Phoenix/Las Vegas airport since those cities were not mentioned in the Annotation field and I have connections there ?

No, you should have no problems transiting through those cities.
You will enter the USA through CLT.
You will clear customs & immigration, and be directed to the transit lounge/area.
You are there to connect to your flight onward to PHX.
You travel to PHX and connect onward to YVR.

You return, entering the USA at LAS.
You enter the tranist area in the LAS airport and depart onward to CLT.
You clear US Customs and immigration in CLT, and depart homebound to RIO.

The US cities are not entry points into the US.
They are being used as transit points onward other countries, in your case Canada.

If you do as customs and border control instruct you to do, as well as the airline, you'll have no problems in the US.
Enjoy your travels, have some fun, and return home safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back