C section With Missing Lap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillaMarie

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Hi I have A question last year I had a C -section and I've haven't felt the same ever since and I've went to get my medical records it states C SECTION WITH A MISSING LAP? COULD YOU Explain to me what this means please

Hi I have A question last year I had a C -section and I've haven't felt the same ever since and I've went to get my medical records it states C SECTION WITH A MISSING LAP? COULD YOU Explain to me what this means please
No. You should ask your doctor.

It likely means that all the lap sponges used during the procedure were not accounted for at the end. The general procedure is to count the lap sponges used and then count the number retrieved/disposed of at the end to ensure none were left in the body of the patient. There are a variety of reasons why a lap sponge count might be off, so the notation does not necessarily mean that a sponge was left behind in the body. They may have done an x-ray after the surgery to make sure of that. If one is left in there, an x-ray should show it. Ask a doctor about it and get advice on what to do about the fact that you don't feel right after all these months.

a bit off topic (Not legal perspective) I had two c-sections...one 25+ years ago and one 20+ years ago and haven't felt the same since either. They have to move things around to do that surgery and honestly it never goes back in exactly the same.....

You might need more than "I haven't felt the same". What exactly are you experiencing that is different? Realize your body changes with pregnancy/delivery.

Hello mates, how is all, and what you wish for to say concerning this post, in my view its really remarkable designed for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back