Consumer Law, Warranties Business Property & Liability Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiko

I own a business in Long Beach, CA. I used to have property & liability insurance under my name & landlord as an additonal insured. Few years ago, my landlord told me to cancel the propety part since he's going to insure himself with his own insurance company and told me to just pay his premium. However, I realized that he's been billing me for both property & liability insurance premium. I don't understand why I have to pay for my own & the landlord's as well. Is it normal & legal for my landlord to do this to me. Please advice. Thanks.

I used to have property & liability insurance under my name & landlord as an additonal insured.

Not a smart thing to do.

It's already done. What can a tenant do when the landlord order. What can I do to correct it? what is the proper way?
Jessiko

I would want my own insurance, I don't care what anyone else says.

I already have as I stated but my landlord is saying that I have to pay for his premium also on top of my own. What can be done? Do I have to pay for his premium just because I am the tenant or can I contest him? If yes, what does the law say?

What does your lease/rental agreement say?

Check your current signed lease/rental agreement to see if it is included. If it is, then you agreed to those terms when you signed the lease.

If it is not in the lease agreement, you could refuse to pay and force the landlord to either concede or take you to court.

Regardless, you should be on the lookout for a new place to rent/lease as soon as your lease is up. This person is obviously not someone you want to continue doing business with.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back