Business name register trade/service mark conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyfour

Ive recently performed an extensive search for a particular business name and was allowed to register my name in the state of arizona. I just found a person using that name on a facebook page. He has not registered and is operating without a license or tax id. Or ROC license. It seems that it is a very inactive business and does not appear anywhere else in any media or on the web. Can he come back and claim that name after ive registered and servicemarked it?

Ive recently performed an extensive search for a particular business name and was allowed to register my name in the state of arizona. I just found a person using that name on a facebook page. He has not registered and is operating without a license or tax id. Or ROC license. It seems that it is a very inactive business and does not appear anywhere else in any media or on the web. Can he come back and claim that name after ive registered and servicemarked it?

Anyone can claim anything at anytime.
Anyone can sue anyone they want to sue.
If he does, you defend.
As you tell it, you've followed the necessary steps to protect your business.
If its important to you, pay for an hour of a lawyer's time and ask him or her if there are any other protections afforded to you under AZ law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back