Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Burglary/Theft and Retracting a statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifritkz

This is in NJ.

To get into specifics, what basicly happened was there were 2 cars full of people, we were in the area of the crime scene for a party. Nothing was taken we split up, and the next day they arrest another group of people for burglarizing the house. A person from that group said we were also there, so they probe into the group of people in the car with me. The first person who got questioned is a dumb person and the cops lied to him and said his bail was gonna be set at 50grand so he lied and said we helped to get his bail set at 5grand . The 2nd person who got questioned didn't talk, got lawyered up, got his bail set at 50 grand and is sitting in his cell. Should I turn myself in for questioning, wait till theres a warrant, or something else?

Only evidence they have is a statement from someone who was not there who thinks he knows wat we did, and a person who lied out of stupidity and is trying to retract his statement. Any additional legal advice would be helpful.

I am a minor if that helps.

Just don't talk to the cops without a lawyer if they call you or want a statement. Don't involve yourself with communications with the other guys about the incident. They could one day say you guys conspired to fix a story or claim you said something….implication. Stay calm and keep quiet about the incident. Just wait and see……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back