Bumper sticker idea. Do I need to register as trademark or copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctc0605

I have an idea for a bumper sticker. It is a one word name using various religious symbols that make it unique. It may also contain a caption underneath consisting of several words. I've already mailed it to myself certified letter. DO I need to copyright or trademark ?

I have an idea for a bumper sticker. It is a one word name using various religious symbols that make it unique. It may also contain a caption underneath consisting of several words. I've already mailed it to myself certified letter. DO I need to copyright or trademark ?

Mailing yourself something is NOT valid for proper copyright or trademark purposes, e.g. "the poor man's copyright." What it does is give you a date when you first created or used the work. This is helpful in the event someone claims they were using the same mark or had created the same mark before you did.

If you want proper copyright and trademark protections and federal trademark recognition, you need to follow the steps at the USPTO - uspto.gov, the US Patent and Trademark Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back