built a house 10 years ago with out a permit. Now they want a permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejohnstone

I built a house 10 years ago with out a permit. Now they want a permit. It says

It has come to our attention that a structure on your property shows the following violations of the International Residential Code of 2006.

Section R105.1 and R110.1 Failure to obtain a permit to build and occupancy of a structure with out the benifit of a Certificate of Occupancy.

A correction of these problems must be made by the close of business on Dec. 30th 2013 Or a complaint will be filed against you in a court of local jurisdiction. Under Chaffee County Zoning Regulations, Section 20 will require the County Attorney when directed by the County Commissioners to take whatever action is deemed appropriate for the abatement or removal and enjoinment of any violation of that resolution.

I don't see where you have a specific question.

However, get a permit (do whatever you have to do) to get the problem corrected by the date given.

I built a house 10 years ago with out a permit. Now they want a permit. It says

It has come to our attention that a structure on your property shows the following violations of the International Residential Code of 2006.

Section R105.1 and R110.1 Failure to obtain a permit to build and occupancy of a structure with out the benifit of a Certificate of Occupancy.

A correction of these problems must be made by the close of business on Dec. 30th 2013 Or a complaint will be filed against you in a court of local jurisdiction. Under Chaffee County Zoning Regulations, Section 20 will require the County Attorney when directed by the County Commissioners to take whatever action is deemed appropriate for the abatement or removal and enjoinment of any violation of that resolution.

I suggest you consult with a local attorney.

You can get an initial consultation (15-20 minutes for free), and decide if you need to retain counsel, or buy an hour of two of additional time.

If you do nothing, the government will likely seek a court order to demolish the structure, plus charge you fees and costs, and maybe back taxes.

You should take it seriously, not try to go this alone, and seek legal counsel; the government will have counsel.

This could get very costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back