Brought unsafe condition to employers attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonehuntin

After spray painting buses during the summer I told my employer the the fumes are affecting everyone in the building. There is no ventilation and it is a explosive environment. Recently i was asked to paint more buses. Company policy states "If there is a unsafe condition bring it to the companys attention". I called OSHA and filed complaint. Investigator did come out and said not to paint or sandblast. Now i have some health issues that may be from painting/sandblasting but its been awhile since i did so. Now what? I dont have med insurance. Who pays to see if there is toxins in my system or to check if i have been affected by the toxins?

I am confused by what you were doing painting buses. A skilled painter, capable of commercial vehicle painting would know to wear a respirator. You were correct in reporting the situation, as not painting in a ventilated paint booth can subject people to toxic fumes. You say you have health issues related to the painting. Has a doctor specifically linked them? That is one of the proofs you need to assign liability. Another is whether you prove you were not harmed on another painting job, since you appear to have been professionally doing this without a proper respirator for years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back