Brother trying to take POA away from me

collie10

My brother and I are both successor co-trustees of our fathers estate who passed away last year. He is trying to get me removed because hes not happy he has not received his share from house yet in which I reside in. I am POA and also in the trust it does state that I am able to live in the house and maintain it. The house will remain in Trust with equal shares. I have attempted to get a loan to pay him off but was denied because of my credit score in which he was aware of. As it is I felt so bad I let him borrow $15,000. Now he is upset and has gone so far to tell me that he will call the cops on me, tell them there are drugs in the house and has given them the right to enter the house with out a warrant to look for drugs. He is a retired cop. Can he do this to me? He also wants to take my POA away too.

My brother and I are both successor co-trustees of our fathers estate who passed away last year. He is trying to get me removed because hes not happy he has not received his share from house yet in which I reside in. I am POA and also in the trust it does state that I am able to live in the house and maintain it. The house will remain in Trust with equal shares. I have attempted to get a loan to pay him off but was denied because of my credit score in which he was aware of. As it is I felt so bad I let him borrow $15,000. Now he is upset and has gone so far to tell me that he will call the cops on me, tell them there are drugs in the house and has given them the right to enter the house with out a warrant to look for drugs. He is a retired cop. Can he do this to me? He also wants to take my POA away too.

I'm not sure how you believe your POA is still valid, because it died upon the untimely demise of your beloved father.
But, that's not for me to worry or fret about, I'll leave that to you.
Your brother might already know the answer to my rhetorical question, and if he does, I suspect he'll act sooner or later!

Your poor credit is not your brother's worry.
If you have ANY CONTRABAND on the premises, expect that to bite you, sooner or later.

What you or your brother brother can or can't do is up to the courts in your state.
There's absolutely NOTHING a private law discussion forum can say to inhibit him, or prohibit you from doing anything either of you do.
I suggest you retain a criminal defense layer, if you possess any contraband.
As far as the terms of the trust, again, that won't be determined by a private law discussion forum.
Again, any remedies available to either of you will most likely be found in a court room in your county!

Back