1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Brother run over by car

Discussion in 'Auto Accidents, Injuries' started by kylezimmerman270, Jun 15, 2018.

1. kylezimmerman270

kylezimmerman270 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Michigan
    My brother was run over by a car while riding his motorcycle bike. He suffered injuries and was in the hospital for days (two different hospitals). One hospital ran tests on him and looked at his limbs but did not check his abdomen and sent him home. It turns out his pancreas and liver had suffered damage and he had to go back. There were witnesses at the scene that confirm the other driver was at fault and turned without a turn signal and ran him over. Does anyone know of a good attorney I we can reach out to who can discuss his issues with and see if we have a case against the person who ran him over and potentially the hospital who did not check his abdominal area?

2. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

You can use the "find a lawyer" link toward the bottom of every page at this site.

We??? While you can call attorneys on behalf of your brother, this has nothing to do with you, and "we" certainly do not "have a case." You didn't mention how long ago this happened, but I certainly hope that the other driver's insurance carrier was put on notice.

3. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Participants here do not refer lawyers. But there is a lawyer directory if you click on lawyers at the top of the page.

I doubt that there is any case against the first hospital so concentrate on a personal injury lawyer first.

You have plenty of time to consult a medical malpractice lawyer once your brother is recovered.

kylezimmerman270 likes this.
  4. kylezimmerman270

kylezimmerman270 Law Topic Starter New Member

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful reply!

5. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

Turning without signalling is not going to necessarily make someone at fault in a collision.