brother question

Status
Not open for further replies.

csbtkb

if my best friend and i would like to legally become brothers, and both of our sets of parents are deceased, how do we go about doing it without marrying into each other's family?

if my best friend and i would like to legally become brothers, and both of our sets of parents are deceased, how do we go about doing it without marrying into each other's family?

Legally, that isn't possible.

But, what's wrong with just calling yourselves brothers? NOTHING!!!

You'd be surprised at the familial situations people have devised for themselves.

No one needs to know anything more than the fact that you accept each other as brothers.

I'm curious, why do you think you have to do anything more than introduce each other as brothers?

I've got two brothers, and have never been asked to prove either one is my brother.

You don't have a sibling license as you do with a husband or wife.

Army judge is right. You can accept eachother as brothers. My husband has several brothers that are not blood but that doesn't make them anyless his brothers. It's very common.

I have an asian friend of mine I refer to as my brother all the time. When people look puzzled because I'm not asian and question me I argue with them. Its fun. Finally I'll pick up the phone and call him and say, "Hey man this guy says you are asian and I'm not, What's MOM not telling me?" Brother is a biological fact that can't be declared by a judge if it does not exist. But Brother is a physical bond that can be created by two men and it can be stronger than family. (No body better ruin this by making some gay joke either!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back