Brother Deported back to Somalia (Heart Broken)

Liban Shire

Jurisdiction
Washington
I have a brother that got deported 2017 July for petty crimes trespassing , domestic violence 4 for argument with his wife , we both are from Somalia we came here 2001 he is 32 years old.

My mother helped me get my citizen but unfortunely he didn't get his stuff in order he chose the american dream of chasing money and didn't take advantage of America for what it really is a place of opportunity to succeed and be anyone you want to be.

He got deported from County jail not prison he has prior conviction and felony records from years ago.

Is there any chance he would be able to return? I didn't think a Refuge status here in America is eligible for deportion we left Somalia because of War and violence and now he got deported back to it.

What can he do in his situation to get out of Somalia? He shows me videos of being out there the violence and war still going on it's a horibble place to live.

It breaks my heart to see him there. i want to help him return here I think he got deported illegally.

Is there any chance he would be able to return?

No, at least NOT legally.

What can he do in his situation to get out of Somalia?

Find another nation that is willing to allow him refugee status.
It breaks my heart to see him there. i want to help him return here I think he got deported illegally.

I suggest you do nothing, say nothing, and for YOUR well being avoid all who commit criminal misdeeds.

I have had the pleasure of dealing with some wonderful people from the Somalia government from whom I learned about the truly deplorable conditions there. While the above answer is correct about having a proper legal consultation with an immigration lawyer, you may want to set your expectations extremely low. I would venture a guess that there is an substantial excess of people seeking asylum. You'd be hard pressed to find reasons why someone who was deported and also has a felony record would be granted another opportunity to reside within the country.

Back