Business Contracts breech of a verbal contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A couple and i were going to get a thrift store together and they were putting up the money to get started and i would be the one to do all the technical part of it. Looking for a place, talking to reality people , paperwork etc. The couple dosnt speak english or spell it that great. So anyway in the midst of doing this i came upon an estate of sorts for sale and i knew just by seeing it ,it could be very profitable. I thought we could sell it in our store. I asked them to come take a look at it and long story short, they borrowed the money to purchase it with the agreement that i would be the one to research it, take pictures and list on Ebay etc. and they made me PROMISE i would stay and not leave them alone to deal with this stuff. After about a month of preparation and listing it to sell and making back over half the money they borrowed, they decided to keep it all! So basically they just cut me right out of my own thing

A couple and i were going to get a thrift store together and they were putting up the money to get started and i would be the one to do all the technical part of it. Looking for a place, talking to reality people , paperwork etc. The couple dosnt speak english or spell it that great. So anyway in the midst of doing this i came upon an estate of sorts for sale and i knew just by seeing it ,it could be very profitable. I thought we could sell it in our store. I asked them to come take a look at it and long story short, they borrowed the money to purchase it with the agreement that i would be the one to research it, take pictures and list on Ebay etc. and they made me PROMISE i would stay and not leave them alone to deal with this stuff. After about a month of preparation and listing it to sell and making back over half the money they borrowed, they decided to keep it all! So basically they just cut me right out of my own thing

You got scammed by a couple of illegal aliens.
They may not have spoken English, but scamming is the same no matter the language used.
Sorry, pal, they used you.
You had nothing in writing, and they knew the deal long before you did their work for them.
Next time, use your own seed money and get everything in writing, signed and dated by each and every party to the deal.
In English, we call that a written contract!

Last edited:
That happens. Unless you can prove otherwise you are out of luck. Also I believe CA requires all contracts over $500 to be in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back