break commercial lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksh2964

i owned a small restaurant but it not going well,i would like to close out bussiness. how should i deal with my landlord?still have 2and half year terms, my landlord chargr me lot cam fee $9/per feet , it 50% of my lease it too high i can affort it ,when i sign this lease landlord asked my personal bank account and my house info it go with contract. How much penetly i need to pay? will landlord take over my house as penetly? i didnot have lawyer look my lease when i sign it ,landlord didnot expland anything to me after first year i just know cam fee jumped sky high and adding every year.if i refuse to pay it will late fee happen?(my friend told me cam fee not a part of lease agreement) i really has no money to keep my business runing please help me?

I'm not certain what a "cam fee" is.

You signed a lease and, unfortunately, unless your landlord agrees to let you out of this there is no legal way to do this without the risk of a financial penalty. It appears that your landlord is aware of your personal bank account and home information and if you break this lease and they sue you (and win) they could garnish your bank account for this money.

Your best bet is to sit down with the landlord and explain your financial situation and hope that they let you out of this commercial lease.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back