breach of contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

southbound40

i had an issue mid 2006 where i decided to seperate from a business partner in my agency..i owned 60% of the assests and also within our contract had 1st right of refusal to buy there 40% out.. i took that option and they refused to let me buy that portion out...mind you assests means the clients...over the next 6 to 7 months while having legal council try to secure the buy out my partner cut my access off from my cliemts on our computer system and starting sending letters out that i was out of business and they were 100% in charge of my clients matters... they had stoped paying my share of revenue's several months before that...my legal council told my to take back what was mine...my partners business was 5 hours away from me and i had a strong relationship with my local clients so i did.... however by 08/2007 they sent suit papers to me that i breached the contract in several fronts including serviceing clients that were not mine...i had retained all the same insurance company contracts for the most part...needless to say we settled on 05/08....i just sold my business here due to that suit and burnout and am moving to a different state to buy an agency..all is good right.... well as i am getting new insurance license's for the new state the colorado ins. commission has informed that they got a complaint from that partner in 08/2007 for breach of contract and for servicing policyholders that were not mine....why am i getting that complaint now and when we settled in may of 08 everything was signed confidential and secure...they are asking for details of the case in full to see if i did anything wrong and my attorney at the time may not have crossed all ther T'S as we should have seen this coming!!!.... in that same month they sent another complaint to the ins. commissionor for comingling funds...under my personal name and personal agents license number..i sent them my personal bank info and they were ok with it however now along with the other complaint they are asking for my other bank accounts i had...problem is they were under my corporate name and under my corporate license...do i have to send them that and what to i do about the privacy issue??..sorry so long!!!...southbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back