breach of contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

markeydsl

Hello;

I found your website on Lawyers.com and I am seeking information regarding breach of contract.
I am part of a coalition for mineral and surface rights negotiations. The agreement was that we pay $300.00 initially to the coalition to hire an attorney and the attorney would negotiate for the coalition. It came to my attention over the past few months that the person heading the coalition was attempting to do the negotiations instead of the attorney, this person not retaining a license for real estate or a law degree I did not feel was equipped to pursue this so I started asking questions, which they mostly refused to answer, then last night this individual called me and said that they did not like my questions (I recorded the conversation) and told me that we were no longer part of the coalition, that they were kicking us off.
In part I understand that this is a breach of contract as we have every right to ask questions pertaining to their actions and intentions with regards to the coalition and our mineral and surface rights. Since this would be a breach of contract, could we hire you or another attorney to represent us to recover our initial payments to the coalition? and would it be reasonable to do that with in 10 to 15 days since the individuals will not contact us back? Also if/when we go to court can we recover attorneys fees, interest for held monies, and the money they are holding?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Mark Slatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back