Boyfriend will not leave my house

I bought a house my boyfriend moved in and was paying half of the bills. The house is in my name only. He stopped paying and won't leave. We are not getting along amicably, and I don't want to be in a relationship with him. How can I get him out. I am afraid he will try to wreck my home.

I bought a house my boyfriend moved in and was paying half of the bills. The house is in my name only. He stopped paying and won't leave. We are not getting along amicably, and I don't want to be in a relationship with him. How can I get him out. I am afraid he will try to wreck my home.
File for eviction per your state...Are you in the US? If so...what state?

If the threatens you or acts violent in any way do not hesitate to get a restraining order against him. That order, if granted, could compel him to move out faster than anything else.

Otherwise, as you pursue an eviction, make sure you are not supporting him and letting him mooch your food or any other conveniences such as electronic doodads and wifi.
He may leave on his own if he gets hungry enough.

Thanks for your response. He wants to continue our relationship, so he will not go easily. If I shut his stuff off I am afraid he will do damage to my house.

How can I get him out.

You will have to file for an eviction, tel yoru tale to the judge, and eventually he'll be evicted by the sheriff.

These websites offer you some insight into the eviction process:

Law Offices of DiFrancia & DeDona | (609) 296-0001

Ocean County Tenant Lawyer | Ocean County Landlord Attorney | NJ

The Eviction Process in New Jersey: Rules for Landlords and Property Managers

I am afraid he will try to wreck my home.

If domestic violence is involved or you or your property have/has been threatened, contact the police or sheriff and you will be advised.

Ocean County Eviction Court:

Ocean County Landlord/Tenant Court - Toms River, New Jersey - Local Business | Facebook

I appreciate all the information. I will have to do the eviction process, I just don't understand how I can trust he won't do something to my home for all the time it will take before the process is completed. I feel very exposed. He seems to equate love with money, and I tried to explain they are separate. He feels if the relationship is over, he will hurt me financially.

I appreciate all the information. I will have to do the eviction process, I just don't understand how I can trust he won't do something to my home for all the time it will take before the process is completed. I feel very exposed. He seems to equate love with money, and I tried to explain they are separate. He feels if the relationship is over, he will hurt me financially.
Has he actually threatened to cause harm to you or damage to your property? If not, then there's not much you can do right now and he may very well damage your property. If he does that, then call the police and also look in to getting a protective order. This was all mentioned above, I'm sure.

...., I just don't understand how I can trust he won't do something to my home for all the time it will take before the process is completed. .

Here's the thing: there is nothing that you can do to ensure he won't try to damage your home. You can only follow the eviction procedures to the letter, call the police if he gets unruly, and in the meantime, document with a video the current condition of the house. That video will come in handy if you have to sue him for damages.

Here's the thing: there is nothing that you can do to ensure he won't try to damage your home. You can only follow the eviction procedures to the letter, call the police if he gets unruly, and in the meantime, document with a video the current condition of the house. That video will come in handy if you have to sue him for damages.
I took pictures and videos best I could. I also read since he was paying a monthly amount we agreed upon until he got angry, it is considered a verbal agreement, and can be held accountable for it

Focus on removing him. If he is being a deadbeat it may not be worth the effort to pursue his failed payment... assuming you had an enforceable agreement.

Back