Bought used Xbox and it quit working...do I have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinF

I just bought a used Xbox 360 video game console from a person. I went to his house to pick it up and while I was there I had him turn it on just to make sure it booted up okay...it did. He said it had been sent in to the manufacturer for repair previously because it had a hardware failure. I got it home and played it for a total of about 20 minutes and it started locking up and showing error messages that indicate the same hardware failure that he said had already been fixed. It won't turn on at all now. I would like to get my money back from him since it quit working less than 2 hours after I got it from him. I have called and emailed him several times in the last 24 hours but he hasn't yet responded. Do I have any recourse here? Do I have a case to take him to small claims court?

You bought a "used" item. This means you bought "as is". It was tried out before purchase and it worked. You can certainly take this person to court but its not likely you will prevail

You bought a "used" item. This means you bought "as is". It was tried out before purchase and it worked. You can certainly take this person to court but its not likely you will prevail
Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. I just feel cheated, you know? Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back