Consumer Fraud Bought an xbox from someone, was told it worked..when it didn't buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

momofa7yrold

I bought an xbox360 from a lady on craigslist & was told it worked. when it didn't i contacted the seller & she promised to return my money IN WRITING but now she says to take her to court! what do i do?

Bought an xbox, was told it worked..when it didn't buyer promised

I bought an xbox360 from a lady on craigslist & was told it worked. when it didn't i contacted the seller & she promised to return my money IN WRITING but now she says to take her to court! what do i do?

Only a court can order her, you, or me to do something.
You've asked, she says no, take me to court.
So, if you want your money back for a bad product, that's all you can do LEGALLY.
It's off to small claims court or forget about it.
If you choose to sue her in small claims, you must sue her in the county where she resides.
You must also sue her in the JP COURT where her home sits (that means proper place and precinct).

Well..you kind of would be...because the court won't help you collect, and you can't have the seller's wages garnished.

But the bigger problem is really that you bought it on Craigs' List. You're buying it "as is".

How much money are we talking here? It might not be worth it to take her to small claims court & then try to collect your money if you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back