Bought a Salvaged Car from a very Shady Dealership... Now we got a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreal03

Me and my mechanic decided to see if we could get a good deal and we did..

We bought a car from a dealership in LA but these guys were really shady..

Long story short, we bought it for 6,500 ( Including taxes) and i paid them 6,000 cash and i sent a check for 500. They then tell me they need 500 more dollars because the 500 i sent will counts for the tax.. ( There is a lien on my car for this reason)

On my bill of sale it says i bought the car for 4,000 because they wanted to sell me the car so i can pay cheaper sales tax i guess. So they are trying to pretty much screw me in the end, yet what they did is fraud correct? what are my options?

I've thought of caries techniques but i would love to hear from somone with expertise! Thanks!

PS. Dont these guys already pay taxes on these cars from those auctions or insurance compants? Is there really another tax i need to pay? or are they lying about that too?

Hello, counselor.

I'd help you, but my advice is always wrong.

Besides, aren't you practicing law now?

That's what you said in the other thread.

I bet you're just asking those questions to see what other people say.

I'm gonna watch this thread and soak your legal wisdom.

Anyway, go get 'em counselor.

What with you winning all your cases, these guys don't stand a chance against a lawyer with your talent.

Hello, counselor.

I'd help you, but my advice is always wrong.

Besides, aren't you practicing law now?

That's what you said in the other thread.

I bet you're just asking those questions to see what other people say.

I'm gonna watch this thread and soak your legal wisdom.

Anyway, go get 'em counselor.

What with you winning all your cases, these guys don't stand a chance against a lawyer with your talent.

Debating other theory's is part of law practice. Dont take what i said literal. Im sure you make good points and i would still like to hear them. I just soemtimes disagree on what you may say, isnt that part of law?

If you can prove that you already paid more than what is shown on the bill of sale then you should be able to get that lien lifted.... however you paid $6000 in cash so that might be hard to prove. Did you get a receipt for the money you paid?

how was the lien placed? Did you fail to appear in court?

If you can prove that you already paid more than what is shown on the bill of sale then you should be able to get that lien lifted.... however you paid $6000 in cash so that might be hard to prove. Did you get a receipt for the money you paid?

how was the lien placed? Did you fail to appear in court?

I do have a withdrawal recepit from my bank for that amount on the day on purchase from my bank. It would hard to prove that i used that specific money for the sole purpose of my car. But i do have records. The lien is put on the car in order for the check payment, once the check was received, the lien was lifted.

I'm thinking that we could make an agreement before small claims is involved.

did you a promisary note ? if so how much? and no they can not put lien on your car without taking you court fist you paid as agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back