Bought a HOME then found out it was formally a Mobile home

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrongiles

I bought a lake home in Jackson GA. We discovered a week after purchase that the home was built over the top of an old mobile home. You really can't tell by looking at it. The home inspector didn't catch it and the appraiser didn't catch it. Now 4 years later when I went to sell it, a FHA appraiser says the house was built over a moblie home and now it is classified as a mobile home. Now we can't sell it because a bank will not loan the money and I am sure the value has gone through the floor. They never disclosed that the home was formally a mobile home. It was listed as a single family dwelling.

You knew that you have purchased a mobile home a week after you became its owner. If you have a case, it would be against the appraiser and/or the inspector that you hired.

That said, I don't think you have case against anyone four years after the fact. Why not discuss your concerns with a couple of local attorneys?

We loved the house and it was on the water so i wasn't a big deal. When we went to sell it we were shocked to find out no one would give a buyer a loan because it was a house built over a trailer. I plan on taking this to a local attoney and getting some advice. The seller misrepresented the constriction of the home which I think is a breach of contract. The statude of limitaions in GA is 6 years on a breach of contract.

Yes, but you don't have a breach of contract suit.

If you have anything, it lies in the realm of malfeasance.

We loved the house and it was on the water so i wasn't a big deal. When we went to sell it we were shocked to find out no one would give a buyer a loan because it was a house built over a trailer. I plan on taking this to a local attoney and getting some advice. The seller misrepresented the constriction of the home which I think is a breach of contract. The statude of limitaions in GA is 6 years on a breach of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back