Bought a car dealership has not presented the check to the bank

Jenny1924

Jurisdiction
Texas
Bought a used car from a dealership in August of 2018. A week after the purchase a received a letter from the bank saying they returned the check for improper submission. I called the dealership and my sales person said it showed paid on their end.

I called the bank several times after this asking about the check and they could never give me answers. I called the dealership back in December and they advised they needed a PIN/NBR and they were working on it. I've not heard anything since.

The bank since then has sent me a letter stating that they have the title and once I show proof of paying they will release the title.

What do I do next?

What do I do next?

Contact the bank where the check was issued and ask for proof of payment on the check.

You'll usually want the bank to provide you with a certified copy for the purposes of proving payment.

The bank manager or assistant manager should be able to assist you, visit the bank tomorrow and get the proof the other bank needs.

FROM A BANK's website

Question: Is a check image legal proof of payment?

Answer:

Imaged checks are considered legal proof of payment by the IRS and in a court of law.

If you misplace any of your statements or need a photo copy of the front/back of an imaged check, we can provide them anytime.

Contact the bank where the check was issued and ask for proof of payment on the check.

You'll usually want the bank to provide you with a certified copy for the purposes of proving payment.

The bank manager or assistant manager should be able to assist you, visit the bank tomorrow and get the proof the other bank needs.

FROM A BANK's website

Question: Is a check image legal proof of payment?

Answer:

Imaged checks are considered legal proof of payment by the IRS and in a court of law.

If you misplace any of your statements or need a photo copy of the front/back of an imaged check, we can provide them anytime.
The bank has confirmed they have not received athe check (they issued me) for the loan. So I know they don't have it

Back