Boston Bomber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems a reasonable decision based on venue alone.
It still certainly be reinstated if they make the effort to try it elsewhere.

That may be so, but this episode in history had a great deal of impact on my life and the ones I love. So in the interests of not raising my blood pressure or losing several days of sleep, I think that I will not be participating in this thread. Someone let me know when it's safe to return to the forum. I don't want to be tempted.

That would have no impact on my life, or the lives of the ones I love. ;)
Considering that man and his brother committed an act of war against this country, targeting innocent men, women and children...it should impact you. As for myself...I spent hours waiting to hear from my eldest child. She lived in town and worked about a 4 min. walk from the finish line where the first bomb went off. She was going to try and get away to watch the first women reach the finish line as her friend from high school was a favored to win runner. Thank God that she was unable to leave work.

I didn't hear from her til 6 p.m.

My nephews in-laws were there to watch their daughter run...they were at the site of the second bomb...they heard the 1st go off and ran into a store. A woman they had been talking to ran behind them, but didn't make it far enough away from the blast site and lost her leg and a foot. My nephews FIL likely saved her life by using his belt and the strap from his wifes purse to tourniquet her injuries.
On live tv we watched hundreds of injured people lying on the ground missing parts of their body...we watched people trying to save a little boy and his sister, the boy died...we watched as strangers with no medical training desperately tried to help others in the chaos and carnage.

The Boston Marathon Bombing was an act of war...just like 9/11 was an act of war. And it should effect all Americans.

Considering that man and his brother committed an act of war against this country, targeting innocent men, women and children...it should impact you. As for myself...I spent hours waiting to hear from my eldest child. She lived in town and worked about a 4 min. walk from the finish line where the first bomb went off. She was going to try and get away to watch the first women reach the finish line as her friend from high school was a favored to win runner. Thank God that she was unable to leave work.

Permit to me elaborate.

What happens to the convicted bomber (or any convicted criminal) is of no moment, matter, or import, insofar as my life is concerned.

If the gubmint decides to execute the convict, incarcerate him for 2,000 years, or whatever penalty the gubmint wishes to exact is none of my concern.

That said, I spent four years in Nam.
How that impacted me I've never disclosed to anyone.
I lost both my brother-in-law and my best friend in Nam, a son-in-law in Afghan, and countless other comrades in arms.
Overall, I'd say their lives have been avenged.
However, I'd much rather have the ones I loved alive today over any punishments meted out to those responsible for the deaths of my loved ones.

I agree, you can and should thank God Almighty for the rest of your days because your daughter wasn't harmed.

My wife overslept and missed PanAm 103 on 21 December 1988.
Sadly that plane was blown up by a psycho's female friend, losing 259 souls in the bombing.
We thank God daily that she missed that flight, and have long ago stopped wondering why.
We just count our blessing.

They are just going to resentence him to die with a new jury in a different venue.
Ultimately the same outcome, just by a little longer legal path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back