Borrowing in France, buying in the USA

J

JarodFR

Jurisdiction
Delaware
This would be in Delaware.

Situation: I am a french citizen, my wife is a US citizen and we have been living for a while in France. We're planning to move to the USA.
Real estate investment is our goal. My father is successful and has a decent borrowing power that he would like to let us use. He does not care about making profits, just letting us use his borrowing ability.
The question: What would be some montage for him to borrow in France, and us in the USA to invest, and own the results of these investments?

So far my research leads me to think this would be through a LLC of course, but the details allowing us to own the investments elude me.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

This would be in Delaware.

Situation: I am a french citizen, my wife is a US citizen and we have been living for a while in France. We're planning to move to the USA.
Real estate investment is our goal. My father is successful and has a decent borrowing power that he would like to let us use. He does not care about making profits, just letting us use his borrowing ability.
The question: What would be some montage for him to borrow in France, and us in the USA to invest, and own the results of these investments?

So far my research leads me to think this would be through a LLC of course, but the details allowing us to own the investments elude me.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

I suggest you and pappy discuss this volatile agreement and desire with several lawyers.

Real estate can very often be disappointing.

Back