Copyright Book to Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffer

Jurisdiction
California
Hi!
I would lile to find out more about plagiarism.

I have a book that I would like to convert to an audio version. The book was originally published in the 1920's. The author passed away in 1970. The book was translated to Afrikaans, but not sure when. But in a very 'old' and outdated way of speaking.

Do you think that I can rewrite te story in a more modern way, with modern elements (like a remote control car and not an old wind-up car) and use more common South African names? I would like to record this and sell it as audio books.

Hi!
I would lile to find out more about plagiarism.

I have a book that I would like to convert to an audio version. The book was originally published in the 1920's. The author passed away in 1970. The book was translated to Afrikaans, but not sure when. But in a very 'old' and outdated way of speaking.

Do you think that I can rewrite te story in a more modern way, with modern elements (like a remote control car and not an old wind-up car) and use more common South African names? I would like to record this and sell it as audio books.

You should check with a South African lawyer, because you're NOT posting from Californa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back