Bonus plan deducts normal earned income

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnb62

I am a commissioned employee working as a service advisor for an automotive dealership in San Antonio, Texas. I am paid on the labor hours that I sell. My hourly rate increases as my total labor hours reach certain plateaus. ie. $4/hr up to 150 hours, $4.25 from 150 - 175, etc. We also have a bonus program related to customer satisfaction scores. I have 3 questions.
1. Can labor hours that I sell be arbitrarily paid to another service advisor?
EXAMPLE: I had recommended 11 hours of additional work to a customer.
They brought the car back at a later date. I wrote the RO (repair order). However, the technician that had originally worked on the car was moved to another team. I asked his service advisor if he could do the job for me because he had recommended the repairs. My co-worker said that he could.
Later that week when I requested those hours be paid to me my co-worker claimed he didn't realize I expected to be paid for my work. My service manager said he wouldn't pay me because I didn't okay the use of my co-workers technician with the him (ther manager) first. He instead paid my co-worker for the 11 hours of labor that I sold.
2. Can a bonus program deduct money from normally earned commissions due to a poor CSI (customer satisfaction index) score?
EXAMPLE: Our customers receive a survey after their service visit. They are asked a number of questions and to give us a score from 5 (best) to 1 (worst). Our personal score is based on their overall satisfaction score which can be influenced by a number of things we have no control over. If the customer gives me a "5", I get a $50 bonus. If the score is a "4" I get $25 deducted. A "3" earns a $75 deduction. A "2" equals a $125 deduction, and a
"1" hits me with a $250 deduction. At the end of the month I get a bonus if my totals are in the positive. If I'm in the negative at the end of the month, that amount of money gets deducted from my normal earnings.
3. Can my employer reduce my rate of pay without informing me?
EXAMPLE: I recently discovered that about 4 months ago my rate of pay decreased. As you will recall my pay per hour increases as my total hours increase. My manager dropped the amount per level by 50 cents an hour, so I now have to produce 225 hours of labor for the same rate of pay I use to receive at 200 hours.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back