bonus but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twylgtrn

I am a RN in SC, and I say that mainly because by statue in this state we can not leave our area without giving report to the next RN coming on shift, or our license is on the line. At the time of this incident I worked on the weekends as a staff RN (Baylor Sat & Sun), and went to work at a rehab fac 3 12 hour shifts Mon thru Fri, both Baylor and Mon thru Fri are night shifts. At the time I was hired at the rehab fac. administration knew I worked the Baylor, and were perfectly happy with this fact, so much so they gave me a $8000 hire bonus (minus taxes of course). I signed a contract short and sweet that said "I would work as a night shift supv. 3 12 hour shifts Mon thru Fri, for 18 months", and of course I can't quit. I made sure of this fact because my longevity is at the hospital, of which I did not want anyone to touch. Soon after I'm hired I figured why this bonus was so high -- 2 weeks after I get to the rehab place the entire administration walked out -- yes walked out. And before we knew it like within 24 hours a new admin came in. In the mean time I'm pulling a little more than 3 12's maybe 4 -- but the day shift RN Supv is wearing down thru all this mess as well. So much so she starts coming in to work later and later. When I am suppose to get off work at 7am -- she comes dragging in at 9:30am -- and I can't leave, it would be called abondonment. And I fuss, and fuss, getting louder and louder, every day. They just look at like I have 8 heads or something. One morning she comes in at 10am -- and oh by the way I have been diaganosed with narcolepsy -- and on the fatefull day (9/20/05) I leave work late and I fall asleep at the wheel -- I'm in a roll over, and almost killed. 4 Fractured ribs, fractured face, fractured left wrist, with pins, and RSD (simply put no lifting). This employer when they get the call shortly after the wreck that day, cancel my health insurance, yet continue to charge me for it. 4 mos go by, I finally get the release to go back to work -- get back and find I have been replaced (my position) at the Mon - Fri job -- I have been demoted to staff nurse. Now the biggest reason I show up is because of the $8000 bonus -- not only am I staff now, I have to work nights, and now I am being demanded by the NEW administrator that I will quit my Baylor job immedate, (the job I have had since 1988, with the insurance that just paid this $95,000 bill), and not only that I am shot at thru the glass door next to the narcotic room. The glass door is shattered, and I am informed it will not be replaced with steel doors because of lack of buget. Needless to say I did not go back after being shot at --now the rehab fac is trying to sue me for the $8000.00. My question -- Whos case is bigger? Mine or thiers? Is there something here? I have documentation for everybit of this story. If I do not have a case, should I ask for a jury trial, and prove my side of the story? ANy ideas?

Yes, ask for a jury trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back