Bonnie Teater, co-executor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnie

My Mother left all her assets in a trust, she had put in my home and family business to protect them from my ex-husband and business law suits. In 2006 after my fathers death she made me the president of the corporation I was vice-president since 200 when I got my license for the professional corporation, in Aug. 15, 2012 she left me the business and everything used for the business including my home which was the corporate office to take effect Dec. 31, 2012 at midnight, she died Jan. 26, 2013, I was her POA of financial and medical.

When we opened probate, the trust stated my home was to be moved from her trust to my trust. My sister the other executor has refused to give permission for this to happen, apparently she has decided I should have nothing. So in the last 18 months I have kept the business runing with no paycheck and even taken $7000 of my SSDI to pay for business bills, also, my sister never gave permission to have a car that was in mom's name out of the trust and into someone else's name. That car blew up in my garage and caused $111,825 of damages to my 1800 sq. ft. house and destroyed practically everything in it. There was liability insurance on the car and I had insurance on the house. Six weeks after the fire my sister and my oldest sister started a law suit against me, because they did not like the fact that everything they left in the trust was the trusts financial responsibility and the co-trustee told me to pay the trust expenses. After all it became clear to me in July of 2013 that I was paying my mortgage with my SSDI and if they did not sign my house over to me they would be getting more than half of my SSDI a month until this ended and it has been 18 months.

I want to know if I can file charges or sue them for holding my house hostage and for not allow the trust to pay the mortgage which is in my mother's name in order to keep it from foreclosure and for damages for the car in the estate blowing up and destroying my house. Also for starting this law suit and requesting everything that was in the fire. My other sisters house is in the trust and they are suppose to move it out of the trust, but she lives in a new house that Mom had nothing to do with, but they still try to intimidate her saying her house has to be moved to a trust. Three months after we filed probate we had a trust wrote up to move my property and my business which was mine before mom died, and they did not even look at it they threw it back at the probate lawyer.

We have a lawyer for this law suit and last week they once again refused to transfer my house to my trust. I am ready to ask my lawyer to go in front off a judge and have him approve everything that is in the trust that just needs transferred out to a heir. Can you advise me if I am going in the right direction and if there is some way to penalize my co-trustee and her sister for holding me and my sisters property hostage and forcing the trust to have to pay for all those things they would not move.

My Mother left all her assets in a trust, she had put in my home and family business to protect them from my ex-husband and business law suits. In 2006 after my fathers death she made me the president of the corporation I was vice-president since 200 when I got my license for the professional corporation, in Aug. 15, 2012 she left me the business and everything used for the business including my home which was the corporate office to take effect Dec. 31, 2012 at midnight, she died Jan. 26, 2013, I was her POA of financial and medical.

When we opened probate, the trust stated my home was to be moved from her trust to my trust. My sister the other executor has refused to give permission for this to happen, apparently she has decided I should have nothing. So in the last 18 months I have kept the business runing with no paycheck and even taken $7000 of my SSDI to pay for business bills, also, my sister never gave permission to have a car that was in mom's name out of the trust and into someone else's name. That car blew up in my garage and caused $111,825 of damages to my 1800 sq. ft. house and destroyed practically everything in it. There was liability insurance on the car and I had insurance on the house. Six weeks after the fire my sister and my oldest sister started a law suit against me, because they did not like the fact that everything they left in the trust was the trusts financial responsibility and the co-trustee told me to pay the trust expenses. After all it became clear to me in July of 2013 that I was paying my mortgage with my SSDI and if they did not sign my house over to me they would be getting more than half of my SSDI a month until this ended and it has been 18 months.

I want to know if I can file charges or sue them for holding my house hostage and for not allow the trust to pay the mortgage which is in my mother's name in order to keep it from foreclosure and for damages for the car in the estate blowing up and destroying my house. Also for starting this law suit and requesting everything that was in the fire. My other sisters house is in the trust and they are suppose to move it out of the trust, but she lives in a new house that Mom had nothing to do with, but they still try to intimidate her saying her house has to be moved to a trust. Three months after we filed probate we had a trust wrote up to move my property and my business which was mine before mom died, and they did not even look at it they threw it back at the probate lawyer.

We have a lawyer for this law suit and last week they once again refused to transfer my house to my trust. I am ready to ask my lawyer to go in front off a judge and have him approve everything that is in the trust that just needs transferred out to a heir. Can you advise me if I am going in the right direction and if there is some way to penalize my co-trustee and her sister for holding me and my sisters property hostage and forcing the trust to have to pay for all those things they would not move.

You are sitting on a potential powder keg.
If you've been on SSDI beyond the "break in, get back to work honeymoon" you might be sailing into a federal firestorm.

You might want to do two things:

1 - Consult with a criminal defense attorney, knowledgeable in federal law, especially SS fraud, and see if you've been doing ANYTHING illegal (working while on disability, receiving gainful income, or trying to receive same)

2 - Your enemies or antagonists, you've named them, might come after you. Whatever might be soiled, I suggest you cleanse it.

Good luck, as your problem requires an attorney retained by you, dedicated to defending your interests and liberty.

Last edited:
This is more than a message board can help you with. You need a criminal defense attorney as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back