Parole, Probation Blue warrant

Kimbohn

Jurisdiction
Texas
My cousin is being held in county jail for a blue warrant from parole. He caught new charges also. His parole officer said there is a way to lift blue warrant for 24 hours then he will have a Bail to bail out. With me being his cousin, is this a process I can do myself on my computer. If so how. Please he is on medication, he recently found out he has cancer. Any information will help.

If he is sick he will receive treatment he needs while in custody. If the treatment he needs is complicated or expensive the county may be motivated to release him as soon as possible.

As far as what you can do from home, perhaps you can call a bail bondsman to handle things.

So if I go to a Bail bonds and he they will help lifting the blue warrant for 24 hours?

In Texas a Blue Warrant is a parole hold by TDCJ.

Many people do not get bond on a blue warrant.

He will get a hearing and might be sent to prison, or parole could be continued.

He was on parole.

He may have broken the terms of his parole.

Is it the parole officer or the lawyer who lifts the blue warramt

He has the RIGHT to a hearing before a judge.

If he wants such a hearing he MUST request one.

If the offender is alleged to have violated the terms of her/his Texas parole, a parole revocation warrant, (AKA - a blue warrant) issues and the parolee is arrested and incarcerated without the possibility for release on bond or bail.

The next step for the parolee is a hearing before a district court judge to establish the evidence that the terms of the parolee's release were violated.

Only a judge can order a bond for SOME offenders, or further confinement continues.

Eventually the parolee could be released back on parole, or a the parole board could the offender back to the custody and control of TDCJ (a state prison).

Who gets bond?

Who can get bail set on a blue warrant/parole hold?

I'm glad you asked. To be eligible you must meet some requirements. I'll just quote the statute and save us some time. Basically, you can't be the guy described below.

(1) has not been previously convicted of:
(A) an offense under Chapter 29, Penal Code;
(B) an offense under Title 5, Penal Code,
punishable as a felony; or
(C) an offense involving family violence, as
defined by Section 71.004, Family Code;
(2) is not on intensive supervision, super-intensive
supervision, or hyper-extreme-super supervision;
(3) is not an absconder;
(4) does not use curse words or racial slurs; and
(5) is not a threat to public safety.

Read on:

New Texas Law Allows Bond For Blue Warrants/Parole Holds

He caught new charges

This euphamism always makes me chuckle. Criminals (or suspected criminals) get charged. They do not "catch" charges. It's not like catching a cold, which happens completely randomly and generally without the person doing anything in particular to catch it. What you really mean here is that your cousin, who is already a convicted criminal, did something that caused his parole officer to believe his parole should be revoked.

With me being his cousin, is this a process I can do myself on my computer.

No bail agent is going to issue a bail bond for felon on parole without you personally appearing to sign the paperwork and pledge collateral as security for the bond. You need to decide if you are able and willing to pledge collateral worth tens of thousands of dollars for your criminal cousin.

So if I go to a Bail bonds and he they will help lifting the blue warrant for 24 hours?

The only "help" a bail bond agent will provide is to issue a bond. If the bond can be "lifted," your cousin will need an attorney to help with that.

Back