Blank Contract

Lanie

Jurisdiction
Mississippi
My employer asked all of its employees to sign a blank contract because they didn't know how much money we were going to be given with regard to a raise. That was in April. Here we are at the end of August and still no new contract. We have been shown a dollar amount on a slip of paper. I was just wondering if this is legal?

My employer asked all of its employees to sign a blank contract because they didn't know how much money we were going to be given with regard to a raise.

A "blank contract"? What exactly does that mean? And why does the employer's ignorance about some upcoming raise create a need to sign such a thing?

We have been shown a dollar amount on a slip of paper. I was just wondering if this is legal?

"Shown a dollar amount on a slip of paper"? As in, someone wrote "$1,234.56" on a piece of paper and showed it to you? Why would you think that might not be illegal.

I agree with the first response above (in fact, I agree with both of the prior responses), but you haven't described the situation with any degree of clarity, so there's not a whole lot anyone here can tell you.

Back