Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Blackmailed for drunken stupid violent messages

H

Hamish78

Jurisdiction
California
This person told me he wanted me to set up a copy version of his small moving company in California. They are based in NYC, philly and another eastern state.
We negotiated an agreement of me getting first truck and then every other truck/driver I get to cover any area in California will pay same percentage of gross earning as me to company, but I would get a pecentage of that from the companys percentage made by other crews. Affectively making it a growth/Franchise opportunity. They still schedule jobs for crews and cover all overheads except paying helpers and cost of diesel. It was a very specific agreement I said I would do as this sounded like a good opportunity. He got a second van but then told me "they think it's best we make San Diego a cut off point" (meaning I would not be receiving agreemesd monies.!I had given him my word that I would not take on full time employment for 8 weeks to make sure van and arrived. I thought about every possible scam scenario. But anyway, he DID send a brand new big van and an associates credit card and debit card. But he sent an old contract and said "We are just modernizing it but you should read this one for now and I'll send you new one to read and sign. This one seed to be as agreed but the "percentages and other things were outdated" That Seemed true.I had picked up first van (3 hours drive away). I basically got everything set up here. After repeatedly asking for a contract ( he hadn't even sent ANY proof of employment forms. Also I did same the same long trip to get second van. Because he had "got lucky" and managed to buy somebody's yelp account that they no longer used with nearly one hundred, all 5 star reviews all the work was coming in for there. I live over two hours away so that when he got a guy from SD to cover that area. He never intended on making it as we agreed. He just needed to entice and motivate the right person to get everything sorted. He wants employees. Not someone who part owns anything. I should have been able to stop physical work within a year. Long story short. I was asking too many questions and realized that I wouldn't just say "OK, I'll just work for 12-15 dollars per hour. So he fired me for "breaking rules" Silly stuff that had I been as agreed ups not of applied I am sure. But. There was no rule book or company file either.
I got very upset with how someone could do that to someone? ESPECIALLY , the one that did EVERYTHING to get it set up. (On my own!) and was obviously very motivated, excited, determined. I basically thought my life was possiblely going to be good and it was up to ME, just HOW good it could be. I was destroyed.
I relapsed on drugs after 5 years clean and drank on top of it for days. I obsessively emailed him asking how and why and throwing in a few expletives. He knew that but then he could not of been paying workers comp for anyone and insurance was not as advertised. He was just running a cash in hand business. He called at some point and said he would get someone to come down and kill me. He knew that eventually I would say something on email. So continues to reply to me just asking for this an that. I had told him there is nothing to prove ANYWHERE to prove he didn't say the stuff wasn't mine and he just kept repeating same answer ignoring my questions as to why? Etc, knowning my messages were getting more irrational and aggressive. Eventually I messed up and sent emails "suggesting violence" and I am sure, but he says it's true (but I can't find it) that I didn't say I was "going to kill him". It's actually a an old figure of speech anyway for "I'll get you back for this" where I come from in Scotland. Violent aggressive drunken mails yes, ( you can see from the emails how they gradually get worse as I lost more and more rationality,!but it was just hot air as I was so angry and upset and because I blamed him for my relapse. Finally he had what he needed to turn the tables. He says he is going to police station to file charges. He sent me a link on death threats and said "This Could be really bad for be for my immigration status and it would have serious life altering problems. But then BEFORE he had gone to police (he wrote ten mins later" I guess i could change my mind if you start doing things HIS way unless you do something pretty special too.!if I did this and did that. (I had been difficult for a few days on purpose saying I wasn't go to jump when said jump anymore and he will get everything back but at my time of choice. Why should I do anything for him now? Which was right. I became rational straight away though and gave him info he needed and agreed to everything he asked for. He sent some strange text that made me tto do all this stuff to read it and it said I should forget about everything else too that then disappeared? He meant not telling the correct agencies eg: Workers comp, IRS etc. I got that from the email anyway. He was clever about it as he knew my vunrabity which was my relapse and drinking and anger at him and just obvious irrationality.
Can he just keep hold of these emails that he was obviously not worried about. He knew I was wasted and he knew me when I was just myself so he knew when I was sober I would feel terrible. (He says "because you didn't comply he filed it as a complaint the next day and took and sent a picture") I forwarded that email with original time on it and he Said I must of missed it". The picture was a warning. To make sure I NEVER said anything. Surely threats of violence ( Especially that are so obviously untrue and the ramblings of a man who felt so destroyed, used, conned, tricked, and was very messed up!) should go to police if the person is scared. Not just used for blackmail? I don't want him to be able to ruin my life but I'm worried what he might tell me to do next.
Can I tell him this is blackmail? Are the emails still relevant now he has (and we both have the proof that shows his intent). Got what he asked for. Oh and after I said sorry and gave him what he wanted he told me to pay $250 for last months storage rental. Stating he was just bill payer but it's in my name. Of course it was, as everyone else is in NYC. Which shows no actual threat but he knew I couldn't even question it anyway.
This guy is nasty. Once the van got down here and began to become an actual proper looking professional business all his niceties stopped. No anything. No please or thank you's even! Sounded annoyed if called, but told me to call if unsure bout anything. Which obviously likely as there was no handbook of rules and company policies. Nothing! He would often just put his phone down on table and talk To a friend in office knowing i could hear him. Please help me. I want justice and to tell the relevant people about his illegal ways but I am really concerned about the emails. I am more concerned what he might ask me to do as he knows I am scared of being put in prison just to be deported away from my life here with my wife who I adore. Please help.

Yeah that is too long of a post and no one is going to read it. You need to go through and edit it to make it readable and not a novel.

Back