BL lewis

brentlew4521

My mother died in November of 2014 she had a condo fees due since November I received a letter in the mail for my debt collector trying to receive those kind of fees on April 29th which were 1416.85. I called today July 7th to see how much it was and what do I have to do to pay and they now total amount is over 2600 dollars and I like to know how going to be almost 12 to 13 hundred dollars more in just three months and I would like to know if that is legal and what can I do about it and the original amount for the monthly condo fee is only a hundred and thirty dollars a month

My mother died in November of 2014 she had a condo fees due since November I received a letter in the mail for my debt collector trying to receive those kind of fees on April 29th which were 1416.85. I called today July 7th to see how much it was and what do I have to do to pay and they now total amount is over 2600 dollars and I like to know how going to be almost 12 to 13 hundred dollars more in just three months and I would like to know if that is legal and what can I do about it and the original amount for the monthly condo fee is only a hundred and thirty dollars a month

Upon the passing of your dearly departed mother, her debts were extinguished by her untimely demise.
You don't owe 1¢ of her debts.

If I were you, I'd cease ALL communications with the debt, or should I say, DEATH SCAMMER?

The association dues are the responsibility of the titled owner to the property. Are you the titled owner? Are you the personal representative of your mom's estate? (My condolences on your loss.) In addition, the dues are a lien against the property. The association can utilize state law to foreclose if it so chooses. As to the amount. . . add to the base amount, late fees, penalties (both if provided for in the CC&Rs) all costs of collection and interest running at probably around 10% (check the CC&Rs as it relates to the interest rate).

Des.

Back