Birth certificate

For the reason I have in mind the fact that they have their own ID and passports is irrelevant. If they are under the age of 26, they are entitled by law to be covered under their parents' health insurance if desired. Some employers, mine included, require proof of relationship for that to happen. While even when that is the case it would be unusual to ask for the parents' birth certificates, we have before now been offered them when someone misunderstood or did not read the instructions correctly. It is not outside the realm of possibility that if she is trying to enroll the adult children in benefits and the employer requires dependent documentation, she may rightly or wrongly believe that she needs your husband's birth certificate as part of the documentation package.

For the reason I have in mind the fact that they have their own ID and passports is irrelevant. If they are under the age of 26, they are entitled by law to be covered under their parents' health insurance if desired. Some employers, mine included, require proof of relationship for that to happen. While even when that is the case it would be unusual to ask for the parents' birth certificates, we have before now been offered them when someone misunderstood or did not read the instructions correctly. It is not outside the realm of possibility that if she is trying to enroll the adult children in benefits and the employer requires dependent documentation, she may rightly or wrongly believe that she needs your husband's birth certificate as part of the documentation package.
Both children are employed full-time and we assumed that they had insurance through their employers, but your suggestion sounds like a reasonable possibility. Thank you!

Back