Quiet Enjoyment Bipolar neighbor strikes again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

totallyfedup

My neighbor of 9 years has finally lost it!

Over the past several years we've endured pure hell from our neighbor - From him renting out bedrooms in his
house to crackheads/prostitutes/convicts to him getting totally wasted and standing on our steps at 2am
chanting my husbands name and shouting out racial slurs like the "N" word. He's actually stated several times
that he wishes that my husband would put his hands on him so that he can have him "locked up". He has
threatened to kill us numerous times. The icing on the cake was realizing this morning that the happy pumpkin that our children sat on our doorstep was made into a bloody demon and propped up facing our door. so now
the creep is vandalizing our property.

We are trying really hard to be the bigger people in this situation but this is out of control. He is a known
psychiatric patient and our fear is that he will do something horrible to someone in our family and get off
Scott-free because of his mental condition. It is getting harder and harder for us to turn the other cheek in
this situation. We fear for our safety but we also fear that we might lose it on this guy. Its apparent that this man has nothing to lose...while we have everything!

~help, please.....

FYI many people with bipolar disorder lead perfectly normal lives. Plenty of people who are "known pyschiatric patients" (known by whom? And how? Psychiatrists do not publish lists of their patients on the internet; nor is someone's status as a psychiatric patient a matter of public record) lead perfectly normal lives. "Bipolar" has become the new buzz word for "someone who is doing something I dislike". You are doing no one any favors, including yourselves, by attempting to link his behavior to mental disorders.

So, in your attempt to be the bigger person, what have you done? Did you call the police when you were threatened or vandalized? If so, what did they say? If not, why not?

I suggest you put up a camera and a No Trespassing sign. Call the police next time. It is not legal to get audio in your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back