Consumer Law, Warranties Binding Bill of Sale Contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rschaadtw

Is a preprinted Bill of Sale contract purchased from Wal-Mart binding? I recently entered into a contract to purchase 50% interest in a taxi company For $3800. The seller agreed to pay 50% of the gross profits on the 11th day of each month except for the first month which the seller agreed to pay on April 25th via check so I can recover my initial investment then again on the 11th of May.

I borrowed the entire investment amount through cash advances on my credit card giving $2600 of it to the seller personally and the remaining $1200 through Western Union. I have saved my copy of the original Bill of Sale (a faxed copy for I forgot to take the original) and all the credit card cash advances and Western Union receipts.

Now, I feel like that I have been scammed. I did copy down all the information on his driver's license except for the number. I also got the company's employer tax ID number and the state's retail merchant license number. Lastly, I do have his personal and business phone numbers.

I really thought the seller was nice and honest and I was hoping everything would work out. I have asked the seller on numerous occasions to send me financial statements, proof of purchases made with my money, etc... I have yet to received them plus I think the seller is starting to avoid my calls. Do I have a case to get my money back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back