1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

bill collections Credit Cards, Rating, Repair

Discussion in 'Credit Cards, Credit Rating Repair' started by Richardsal462, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Richardsal462

Richardsal462 Law Topic Starter New Member

an attorney for a bill collection called me said a warrant was being issued for my arrest if I didn't pay a 600.00 bill on a credit card,i asked him what year is this bill from?he said between 2003 and 2009.i told him there is no way possible that's my bill I was incarcerated from 1999 to 2009.I ask him what card it was and his name and that I am going to seek legal counciling regarding this matter,he said very well I will have the warrant for your arrest issued im through talking to you and hung up.can a warrant be placed for my arrest for a bill that's not mine?

2. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

I wouldn't do anything at this time. They are probably just hoping to get money from you. You don't have to do anything unless you get an actual court summons. It seems the SOL has also expired. That would be your defense & also that the bill is not yours if you would get a summons -not likely you will though.

You can certainly talk to a lawyer though if you wish.

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Scam, just a scam. Stop communicating with the scammer!