Bigamy..plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommy4kids

I met the man of my dreams, perfect in every way. We had planned a Las Vegas wedding & got married on Feb 20th. After 1 week i found out that everything he ever told me was a lie & that he was married 2 someone else, but not living with her. He of course denied everything & then left me & took my money. Me and my children have been left devistated, both emotionally & financially.

I called the police department here in Dallas to file Bigamy Charges & i was told that since we were married in vegas i have to file there. So, i called vegas & was told that they do not take reports like that over the phone & that i would have to come back to vegas. How to i file charges against him when nobody will help me?

I know that the marriage is Void do to this, but how do i file & where. I read that you have to be a resident of nevada to file for annulment. Do i have to file for an annulment or can i just call someone to make it go away.

I am a mother of 4 kids and i have no money 2 go back to Las Vegas or a lawyer. How do i take care of all of this.

Last edited:
Q: How to i file charges against him when nobody will help me?

A: Someone will help you when you go to Las Vegas and file the complaint.

Q: I know that the marriage is Void do to this, but how do i file & where. I read that you have to be a resident of nevada to file for annulment. Do i have to file for an annulment or can i just call someone to make it go away.

A: You possibly can file in the state where you live; hire a lawyer to research that question.

Do i have to file for an annulment or can i just call someone to make it go away.
No it won't just go away. You do need to file an annulment. I'd suggest contacting the Womens Resource Center. http://www.womensresourcecenter.net/ Perhaps they may help with the legal aspect of this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back