Deportation, Re-entry BF's getting deported back to brazil, now what? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamourGirlCT

Hello,
My boyfriend of 2 years came into the us through Mexico more then 3 years ago with other brazilians. They were all caught and arrested. They were given court dates a few days later then released. None of them returned to court and came to Connecticut and established lives. My boyfriend has worked non stop, supporting both me and my daughter and his family back in brazil. He has a tax id number, workmans comp insurance, bank account as well as medical insurance. He was pulled over for a minor traffic violation, and arrested. They transported him and he is awaiting deportation. I spoke to a lawyer in hartford that told me after we get a letter to ins for permission i can go to the jail and marry him, so when he gets sent back we can start the process of him coming back to us. He told me we can apply for waivers, for extreme distress and hardship for us. It is allot of money that the lawyer is asking and i am trying everything. Then i have others telling me that the majority of people deported applying for waivers still do not get them. They tell me still even after the ten year wait they don't get here. Am i wasting my time and money. Is there anything else or is this true. Do i really have to just let go. My heart is broken and i don't know what to do. If anyone can help me please i will take any advice i can get.
Thank you
Gabriele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back