Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Bexar County Burglary

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongside41

My husband is in Bexar County Adult Detention Center. He is supposed to be charged with Breaking and Entering. He has not yet been sentenced? How long will he have to be in jail before they have to release him? I ask because his court appointed attorney is not showing up and he has spent 107 days in jail, had two court dates that were not attended by his attorney. I hear they must release him at the 180 day mark but would like more insight on what is going on... I know little to nothing about legal issues of this nature, so please excuse my ignorance...

My husband is in Bexar County Adult Detention Center. He is supposed to be charged with Breaking and Entering. He has not yet been sentenced? How long will he have to be in jail before they have to release him? I ask because his court appointed attorney is not showing up and he has spent 107 days in jail, had two court dates that were not attended by his attorney. I hear they must release him at the 180 day mark but would like more insight on what is going on... I know little to nothing about legal issues of this nature, so please excuse my ignorance...

Do not allow that 180 day release gag to mislead you.

It is magical, nor is it automatic.

Bexar County means San Antonio and several million people.

It is a Texas' thrid largest metrolpolitan area.

I've known people to languish in that jail for months, even years.

Usually a case is resolved under a year, but closer to nine months.

Your hubby's has to do with a low grade felony, so he should be nearing his day of reckoning.

I suggest you write or visit his attorney.
He should also write his attorney and ask him to some see him.

His attorney could be ill, or away on a family emergency.

Your hubby could write the attorney and the court, and ask for a new attorney to be appointed to represent him.

But, don't rock the boat about that until at least 190 plus days have passed.

Remember, hubby's delays could have been caused by his attorney.

Nevertheless, start writing and visiting the attorney.

What is hubby's bond?

Why don't you bond him out with a bondsman?

Good luck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back