Better Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

My ex's new husband is trying to sue me in court for filing an inquiry with the BBB on his company. My ex has been in jail for numerous contempts, has no experience in the financial industry, filed bankruptcy, and is head of his public relations and marketing? I simply filed an inquiry to false advertising. The company is LPL financial but they go under another name of Private Ridge Wealth Management because he is a contracted employee of LPL financial. I suspect it is I pyramid type company ripping people off. She is also over 2,000 behind in child support. What can I do to defend against his frivolous claims that he lost over 5,000 from me filing an inquiry with the BBB even though they did nothing to him and did not post anything against him or the company publicly?

Did he file a lawsuit? Was there a legitimate claim that you made? Did you fabricate anything - was your complaint and statement to them true and not misleading?

He would need to show a direct connection from the loss to your filing a claim with the BBB. I wonder whether this is a small claims matter. I don't know that they can even hear a defamation claim.

Better question - how does he know you filed the claim? Did the BBB contact him and try to settle the matter? If you made any false statements then all I can say is that it was a silly tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back