Betfair rules for betting on next US president

Status
Not open for further replies.

per hansen

Jurisdiction
Alabama
In light of the rules pasted below. What do you think happens if the supreme court rules the election void in one or more states, for example due to election fraud, and then orders voters to cast votes for a second time and that this changes the outcome.
Lets say Trump seems to be loosing, but then supreme court steps in and do as described above and he wins the second cast of votes and I have been backing Trump (betting that Trump will win)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post may disappear because of the commercial nature of your link.

The bet is who will be next President. Not who has the most votes, popular or electoral.

This market will be void if an election does not take place in 2020. If more than one election takes place in 2020, then this market will apply to the first election that is held.

Well, that does say that it is based on electoral votes. They don't seem to be taking into account that there are other ways the constitution allows for a new President to be seated.

There's this too:

10/03/2020 10:30am – Once voting (whether postal, electronic or at the ballot box) begins in the year 2020 for the US Presidential Election 2020, the election will be deemed to have taken place for the purposes of this market. We will then settle the market as per our rules regardless of whether the election process is fully completed in 2020 or beyond.

And this...

(commercial product) expressly reserves the right to suspend and/or void any and all bets on this market at any time if (commercial product) is not satisfied (in its absolute discretion) with the certainty of the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think happens if the supreme court rules the election void in one or more states, for example due to election fraud, and then orders voters to cast votes for a second time and that this changes the outcome.

I think you don't fully understand how the Electoral College and the SCOTUS would work in a situation like this.

Nothing in the constitution gives SCOTUS the power to name the President. As an example, in 2000 election the court ruled on issues dealing with ballots in Florida. They didn't order that Bush become President.

Other than various state laws the electors that were assigned sent from Florida could have voted any way they desired.

BTW.... Thanks for removing the link.

The commercial entity named has no authority to establish the winner of the election. In the unlikely event that there is proven election fraud in one or more states that will be addressed by the appropriate legislative bodies at that time.

As the purpose of this thread, pre-editing, was clearly to advertise a betting agency and not to ask a legitimate legal question, I am locking the thread and if anyone doesn't like it, they can complain to Michael about it.

I am locking the thread and if anyone doesn't like it, they can complain to Michael about it.

You were very clever to see through the many ways these slicksters employ to ply their vile, sleazy scams.

A tip of my well worn, hat to you, ma'am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back