Best price guarantee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittany05

I bought an elliptical from fitnessblowout.com and they state right on their website that they are the

"# Only company to offer "Guaranteed" Nationwide Service, directly in your home for the lifetime you own your product. Unlike others, we will never require you to ship your machine anywhere for service needs.
# Only company to offer up to "ONE YEAR" GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICE IN THE NATION POLICY!!*"

so I found an elliptical that was $217 cheaper 10 days later and they gave me $200, saying they just couldn't go any lower as "they don't get these for that cheap anyway and this is all they can do". That dropped their ripoff price from $1699 to $1499.

10 months later (their policy is one whole year to beat the price) I found another elliptical for yet another $337 cheaper and told them so.

They say it's a different "package" and that they'll award me $100 since "they don't get them for that cheap anyway" and can't go any lower.

Is this legal? Just because they give me a crappy extended warranty to 5 years instead of the 2 that other places give, they're saying it's not the same package. But on their site everything contradicts because the small print says it must be the exact same package and model to award the price difference. But it also says they're the only ones who offer this exact warranty package. Is there something I can do?

Take a look at your guarantee. Is there anything more than what you wrote above? I would think there is probably some fine print. After all, what if someone came out with a $50 elliptical that is obviously not the same machine? What exactly is the "guarantee?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back