1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Beneficiary doubt

Discussion in 'Life Insurance, Annuities & Other' started by Kevan, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Kevan

Kevan Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Texas
    Hi everyone,

This website has been helping me a lot lately but I can't really find an answer to this question..

What is the upon death tax difference of making a Revocable Living Trust (Texas) the beneficiary on my Term Life insurance policy versus a family member as the beneficiary?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Kevan

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Hmm, you inquire about Texas, yet you're posting from NC.

If you want tax or trust advice, you need to consult a CPA, tax attorney, or someone at a bank who administers trust accounts.

Life insurance proceeds are USUALLY not taxable.

Again, for specific tax advice, ask a tax attorney.

For advice about a SPECIFIC life insurance policy, speak to the insurer or your agent.

3. Kevan

I am in North Carolina for work, hence I am posting from here! Thanks for your help anyway :)

4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

5. Kevan

Even if the Beneficiary is a Revocable TRUST...i.e. when the Trust receives the proceeds, will it be taxed?

6. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

My prior statement was, I think, pretty clear. Click the link, and the trustee should consult with a tax professional if he/she has any concerns about this.