Consumer Law, Warranties belongings in old apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteros

In January I moved in with my boyfriend. It was a mistake of course as we'd been dating for just a month but my lease was ending and he needed financial help as his new roommate wasn't moving in as she'd planned.

I originally planned to stay for only a month but we enjoyed each other so much that I kind of put off the move out and into my own place. Eventually we broke up(late April) but by then my finances were out of it and I didn't have the means to move out. Eventually I went to stay with a friend but all of my belongings are still at his apartment.

His new roommate and friend has taken it upon himself to be the one to deal with me and is threatening to throw my things on the street.

I was sure because I have records and proof that I contributed financially to his rent and expenses that he and the friend give me the time I needed to move my things out. The friend has become extremely hostile. Can they throw my things out and if they were to throw my things out before I move to my apartment (in 5 days), would I have any legal recourse? Please help. He threatened to do it tomorrow.

Matthew Hines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back