1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Being sued in small claims court....

Discussion in 'Small Claims & Municipal Court' started by djbaker1969, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djbaker1969

    djbaker1969 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I am being sued by someone who I did taxes for many years ago, I had moved and did not inform him in a timely fashion which made him extremely angry. He has been harassing me for three years now - sending threatening letters to me, contacting my employer, complaining to every agency imaginable. He is now taking me to small claims court for $1,000 - which is a bogus amount. I had reported him to the police - who had warned him to stop, but he hasnt. I am worried this will never end and he will succeed at getting me fired - he is a disturbed individual with too much time on his hands.

    1) Should I get an attorney (and what kind? - cant seem to find any on the net that seem applicable)?

    2) Should I countersue - for emotional pain, slander, libel...?

    3) Is a harrasment restraining order applicable here (I live in Union County NJ)?

    Thanks very much for any input you may lend.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.