Being sued by big company over website

Status
Not open for further replies.

xman2820

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get some advice, comments to calm our nerves, lol. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

My wife and I bought a house that ended up needing major repairs. We had to sue, and only after a year and several games with the company did it get fixed. The settlement was just for attorney fees which didn't cover an additional $3,000 I had to add myself later. Anyway, I put a one-page, one paragraph in fact website up that said to viewers to not use this particular company, stating I was forced to sue and the length of time it took. I said nothing else, and now this company is suing me for literally over $500,000 saying I have lost them business. I believe this is all a bunch of crap, but I'm mad I have to get an attorney now and fight this. I know they can do it, but should I be worried? My biggest worry is one of the lines saying I agreed to imdignify, not harm, etc. after the settlement. But I was only giving my opinion, and everything is completely true.

Anyway, my wife and I are very concerned and worried. We took the page down immediately; it got at most 50 unique visitors in 3 or 4 months that it was up.

Thank you

go

You really have to get and Attorney to defend you if indeed a suit was brought and filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back