Being insulted and wrongfully accused as a thief in front of a public auction

Butterfly12

State of California

I am wrongfully being accused, shouted at, insulted in front of a public auction, that I am a thief of two children's cartoon books, with a very agressive and hateful announcing voice , in front of many people in the auction, while they are watching, that i am no longer allowed on the premises and that if I ever come to this auction again he (the auction manager ) will call the police. Several auctioneers shouted out that I am a scum at that time.

I asked them to tell me exactly what is going on and they told me that my wife taking two children's cartoon books out of the door and they got it back from her in the parking lot. But it is not my wife, it is my girlfriend and the two children's cartoon books were from a trash bin that they dump into the dumpster everyday, and many hispanic persons took from it without any problems, because the auction is in a Hispanic community and in their authority, under Father Joe Carrol's auction. By the way, all rules here are double standard: one for the hispanIuc people and one for other races. For example, the rules say no children under 18 are allowed in the auction, but so many hispanic children, among the ages of 3 to 10 running everywhere without problems all the time. Any other children from different races will be asked to go out. So many similar double standards like this happen all year round. My girlfriend is white. I am oriental. But they did not confront one bit of anything to my girlfriend at the parking lot, when they got the books back from my girlfriend, because they are very respectful to my girlfriend anytime when they talk with her before, and also because she is white. But instead they harassed and insulted me severely, when they came back inside the warehouse where the auction is, in front of the public, just because I am an oriental, and make me responsible for it. Both my girlfriend and I are adults, and they always talk to my girlfriend very kind and polite because she is white and I am oriental. They are frequently insulting and disrespectful towards me. Some of the Hispanic workers including the manager even told me before, "How come your wife is so beautiful and you are ugly?" I talked to the higher admistration office in the administration building, and they confirmed that the manager who made the annoucement and accusation, has the ultimate power, and they cannot override his decision. They also confirmed to me that they are the right persons to voice my complaint to. By the way, several times I have standing in a group of African American people, and some are Caucasian, to listen to their discussion about the crook,corruption, and stealing, in Father Joe's car auction and other auctions, by his employees, that caused a total shutdown of the car auction. The manager and the workers here know and heard these people claim that everbody working here, from the manager to the workers at St Vincent de Paul are stealers. Some of the workers even asked me before, a while ago, if I actually belong to these group. Since I have been in this auction for a while, 25 years, I was feeling bad that the car auction was closed down, so I was asking questions because I was curious and standing in the group to hear. I don't belong to any group here, and I have not stolen anything from them for the past 25 years and I still have done nothing wrong to them. In fact, I have witnessed these workers and managers at St. Vincent de Paul taking donation property to their home for their own use for many years. I consider this stealing but the higher administration office seemed not happy and not willing to give me an opportunity to speak out clearly what happened. That is not mention that they should invite, encourage me to do so. Some of the managers at the warehouse auction seem to be very hateful towards me by some reason. I have no intention to jeopardize anything to their job, but they have done the opposite to me, to prove that they are trustworthy people and I am not, in front of the public. Can I take them to court and what should I expect?

This sort of behavior shouldn't be tolerated at any cost, as every individual got the freedom & right to lead a life of their choice. Hence, if any action is done to malign your name & character knowingly. Then, you have every right to sue those people to get what you deserve from the society.

Except the allegations are true. The party with you, whether gf or wife, took items without permission which were not hers. You were called out for this behavior and banned from the premises. Yes, they can hold you responsible for her actions. Pretty standard for theft.

You claim others "steal" as well, but you have no way of knowing if they have permission to take the items. Rumors and even facts about what some employees of an auto auction might be doing also has zero bearing on you being banned for behavior your gf engaged in and which is illegal.

You did not read the main part of the question which was for public insulting and defamation.

e, if any action is done to malign your name & character knowingly. Then, you have every right to sue thos

Except the allegations are true. The party with you, whether gf or wife, took items without permission which were not hers. You were called out for this behavior and banned from the premises. Yes, they can hold you responsible for her actions. Pretty standard for theft.

You claim others "steal" as well, but you have no way of knowing if they have permission to take the items. Rumors and even facts about what some employees of an auto auction might be doing also has zero bearing on you being banned for behavior your gf engaged in and which is illegal.

But they did not confront one bit of anything to my girlfriend at the parking lot, when they got the books back from my girlfriend, because they are very respectful to my girlfriend anytime when they talk with her before, and also because she is white. But instead they harassed and insulted me severely, when they came back inside the warehouse where the auction is, in front of the public, just because I am an oriental, and make me responsible for it.

They can probably bar you from the premises for whatever reason they like.

If they actually accused you personally of stealing (not just hanging out with someone who was stealing), then they were wrong, and yeah, it's probably defamation.

Can I take them to court and what should I expect?
Yeah, you can. You should expect a long and expensive court process with little to show for it at the end. Unless them calling you a thief resulted in the loss of your job etc. etc., you haven't really been damaged by it.

Back