Being harassed by a customer, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JtltD5

I am the owner of a small web business and only emply only a handful of people. One of my customer's palced an order over a month a go. We shipped the product but the order was lost in trasnit. We sent a replacement but the cusomer is VERY angry, which is understandable. This person emails us 18 times every few hours demanding to know answers to her questions. She has threatened to contact the attorney general, BBB, ETC., regarding her problems with the order and my company. I am not sure what to do. How or what can I do to get these emails to stop? We have followed all of the correct procedures as far as our company policies and apologized that the first item was lost in transit. We sent a replacement for free. She will receive the new order in a few days and was provided with a tracking number so she can see that but still the emails keep coming. Please help. Thank you. :confused:

These are just the ramblings of someone who is out of control. They will get less attention at the AG's office or at the BBB than she is getting here. This is because the situation is resolved and the vendor has made attempts to replace.

You may want to write a polite note stating that you have an excellent record because you work hard to resolve situations like you have here. While you can certainly understand the customer's being upset that the package did not arrive, it was beyond your control and you have done everything possible -- at your loss -- to replace the product.

My guess? The customer is trying to find a way for you to be scared into providing a discount. If you really want to find out the motivation for the emails and to ensure that you are covered, you might provide a polite message like the above (as I'm sure you've done) and asked what else you could do other than hope that the package arrives safely this time, which you've gotten out as soon as possible. Then you'll either have your answer, the emails will stop, or you'll have proof that these are ramblings...

Let us know how things turn out!!!!

Originally posted by JtltD5
I am the owner of a small web business and only emply only a handful of people. One of my customer's palced an order over a month a go. We shipped the product but the order was lost in trasnit. We sent a replacement but the cusomer is VERY angry, which is understandable. This person emails us 18 times every few hours demanding to know answers to her questions. She has threatened to contact the attorney general, BBB, ETC., regarding her problems with the order and my company. I am not sure what to do. How or what can I do to get these emails to stop? We have followed all of the correct procedures as far as our company policies and apologized that the first item was lost in transit. We sent a replacement for free. She will receive the new order in a few days and was provided with a tracking number so she can see that but still the emails keep coming. Please help. Thank you. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back